Coronavirus COVID 19 - Your flights from Nice
Published on 30/06/2020 at 17:07 • Updated on 22/03/2021 at 15:38
Rules for travelling to the airport
Lockdown and curfew
As of Friday 19 March 2021 at midnight for a period of four weeks, implementation of lockdown measures for the Alpes Maritimes department. Inter-regional travel is prohibited without an essential or professional reason. The curfew start time will change to 7pm as of Saturday across France. you must carry with you your plane ticket along with an exemption certificate.
Download an exemption certificate here:
Travel outside of the EU area (European Union)
Travel outside of national territory is now subject to criteria involving essential reasons (the indicative list of essential reasons is shown on the travel certificate), whether it concerns a French national, a national of a member country of the European Area (European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City State) or a national of any other State.
A negative PCR test result will be mandatory for any traveller arriving from a country within the Schengen area. We urge all passengers to seek information on the website of the French Ministry of the Interior and from their airline regarding the rules and conditions for travel that apply to their country of arrival. Please note: passengers who do not fulfil the conditions for travel will be denied boarding.
International travel to France from a foreign country
(not including Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City)
Any person, if they are 11 years or older, coming from a foreign country (not including Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City) must present the transport company with the following before boarding:
- The negative result of a ‘COVID-19 RT-PCR’ test dated less than three days before departure. If you do not have these results, you will not be allowed to board the aircraft.
- Sworn statement that you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 and that you have not come into contact with any person infected with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. This statement also states that you agree to respect a self-isolation period of 7 days after your arrival and to carry out a ‘COVID-19 RT-PCR’ test at the end of your isolation.
- Sworn statement stating the reason for your travel.
- One or several documents justifying the reason for your travel.
You must wear a mask both inside and outside the terminals, as well as on board the plane.
Antigen and PCR tests (valid for 72 hours)
Following the closure of the arrivals testing centre in Terminal 2, passengers can go to the pharmacy in Terminal 2 for a PCR or antigen test before their journey.
- PCR test: from 8:30am to 6:30pm, 7 days a week
- Antigen test: from 8:30am to 7:30pm, 7 days a week
- Antigen tests are not accepted for all destinations.
You should therefore contact your airline to find out the specific conditions concerning your journey.
Resumption of air traffic and the complete reopening of Terminal 2.
Due to Coronavirus COVID-19 and the restrictions implemented, flight schedules are subject to modification by airlines.
All maintained flights will be operated from Terminal 2 until further notice.
We advise passengers to make themselves aware of the restrictions in force in their country of destination, and to contact their airline before coming to the airport.
The airport has implemented a broad range of measures to reinforce health protection in its terminals and for terminal operations, with the safety of its passengers and staff as its priority:
- a unique robot emitting ultraviolet light to eliminate viruses that are airborne or on surfaces
- the ventilation networks in terminals will be boosted with high-performance filtration of indoor air
- special markings indicating the social distancing to be maintained
- made-to-measure Plexiglass partitions to protect airport staff, while enabling them continue serving and informing passengers
- dispensers of hydro-alcoholic solution
it is compulsory for passengers and staff to wear a mask
Shops & Services
Due to the lockdown and the latest measures implemented in the Alpes Maritimes department, certain airport stores will remain closed. The following will remain open: Duty Free, Relay and Saveurs de Provence stores, takeaway food and drink outlets, the pharmacy, food services in the business aviation terminal, and car rental agencies.
Passengers will pass through the Aelia Duty Free store to access the boarding lounge and will be able to find gourmet products.
Store openings have been confirmed to the delight of travelers : Ladurée , Saveurs de Provence .The Pharmacy remains open in the public area, city side as well as the RELAY outlets on the city side and airside.
Food outlets are also open! Chez Jean in landside arrivals and Lobsta, landside departure, Bar de La Plage, Bellota-Bellota and Joe&TheJuices in Hall A. The shops and restaurants in Hall B are currently closed.
The staff are looking forward to welcoming you in the best possible conditions and in accordance with all health protection guidelines.
Our teams are mobilized to respect the protocols in force.
VIP Lounge's team is delighted to welcome you for this holiday season with the gratest respect of health rules. The Infinity VIP Lounge is open.
The Business Center is open, offering 5 rooms in Terminal 2, 7 days a week. The rental of rooms will only be authorized within the framework of training sessions of 6 people maximum, without any catering service
Regarding VIP welcome service, the e-commerce platform is available for all your reservations.
Due to the latest government announcements, the departure VIP lounges are currently closed, some services may therefore be degraded. Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to welcoming you to our airport very soon.